I’m rounding up my top tips to get a better sleep, plus all of YOUR top sleeping tips that you gave me when I asked you on Instagram. Bookmark this post as a resource to come back to over and over again!
I’ve struggled with sleep for as long as I can remember. I usually wake up in the night with my mind racing and can’t fall back asleep. Because of that, I am super proactive about doing what I can to improve my sleep. I’ll never be one of those people that sleeps 11 hours uninterrupted (truly, how?!), but I’ve been sleeping better lately after implementing a few things.
Tips To Get A Better Sleep (Mine And Yours!):
- No phones before bed. We don’t bring them in our bedroom so there’s no temptation (they charge overnight in the kitchen).
- Go to bed early at 10-10:30pm. Most people’s sleep is the deepest and most rejuvenating between 10pm-2am, so you don’t want to miss that window.
- CBD before bed. This has been a game changer!! I haven’t settled on a brand that I love, but have tried a few and they definitely help. I will add one here when I try one I’m obsessed with!
- Goes along with my first point, but no checking technology when you wake up in the middle of the night. This is the WORST.
- Wake up early 6:30-7am. This creates a pattern (consistency is key!) and ensures you’re tired enough by bedtime to sleep.
- Workout! Getting a great workout in (even 20 minutes!) relieves stress, clears your mind, and tires out your body so you can fall asleep. Join me for your FREE 14 day trial!
- EARPLUGS. I wear them every single night. They drown out background noise, including my hubby’s annoying snoring.
- Darken your bedroom (black-out blinds are great) & keep it at a cooler temp.
- Magnesium tea or supplement before bed. It’s really relaxing, and also great for muscle repair and recovery.
- Sleep under a weighted blanket. I purchased one based on your recommendations – it makes you feel all wrapped up and cozy, lulling you to sleep.
- Set the mood and get comfortable. Lavender essential oils, sleep mask, lip mask, comfy sheets and pyjamas. You need to be comfortable in order to sleep soundly!
My Top Sleep Support Products:
In conclusion, I encourage you to incorporate some of these tips to improve quality of sleep. Good night!